Division Mission: To provide comprehensive and cost-effective loss mitigation, insurance administration, claims adjudication, and legal defense services to state agencies that serve Montana citizens.
Goal: Assist state agencies in establishing effective risk management programs.
- Conduct inspections of key state properties to identify potential hazards and provide recommendations to affected agencies.
- Promote risk management through incentives.
- Assist state agencies to mitigate losses through consultation, training, and targeted loss mitigation funding.
Goal: Offer comprehensive and cost-effective property/casualty insurance solutions for Montana state government.
- Obtain broad insurance coverage with favorable terms and conditions.
- Establish reasonable insurance rates through effective bidding practices and appropriate insurance deductibles and limits.
Goal: Provide effective and efficient defense for claims and lawsuits filed against the state under the Montana Tort Claims Act.
- Investigate, analyze, and evaluate claims and lawsuits, determine those with merit, and resolve them consistent with the evaluation.
- Consult with state clients to prepare unresolved cases for dismissal or resolution at trial.
Goal: Maintain financial stability of the state property/casualty insurance fund.
- Retain a stable reserve position.
- Deliver fair, consistent insurance premium levels.
- Allocate insurance premiums based on relative loss experience and/or exposure.
Goal: Enhance information security using standardized best practices to protect systems, assets, and data in a cost-effective manner.
- Design division systems to use state-of-the-art frameworks moving business logic out of the client browser and onto the server. Implement microservice infrastructures accessible only from the servers themselves, further enhancing security.
Goal: Operate a shared and managed services environment.
- Build a property data warehouse with associated web services to allow a single point of access to property data for all division systems.
- Continue enhancing the division's best-in-class insurance and claim management applications with more reporting and data visualization tools.
Goal: Implement scalable technologies that meet customer demand flexibly and rapidly with minimal capital expenditures.
- Implement container-based architecture of microservices to allow real time scaling of services to meet peak demand.